Login   Portal    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Forum » Legal Issues

Post subject: Re: Where to Play Airsoft. Everyone Please Read
 Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:19 pm 
Site Admin

completely right on this one. this is a factor that we must press safety and awareness on if we expect to get anywhere growth wise. we must repect those around us, and make them happy were not shoot up a neighborhood, in in the end be ok with airsoft, or get upset cause they have bb's falling in the back yard and the cops get involved.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:10 am 
NEW MEXICO STATE REPRESENTITIVE

also, please use common sense, no pointing airsoft guns (or any other gun/milsim) at any cars.... people do tend to call cops and when you have 8 cops show up with guns drawn..... not a fun time, tends to kill the fun, please be safe everyone and use common sense!

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:31 pm 
WCAA ADVISOR

I have a sugestion:

When I am transporting ANY AEG or GBB to/from a practice or an OP, I have my weapons in a HARDCASE that is stensiled with bright colored paint "AIRSOFT REPLICA". I have been stoped by the Spokane Sheriff Deputies on a few occasions (usually doing something stupid like speeding !) and I allways advise them that I have the weapons in the rear of my vehical. The deputies like the fact that the cases are clearly marked, and when they open them, the guns are without batteries, mags and have a barrel condom on them. Most of the time, I get out of the ticket and I get the oppertunity to educate the deputy on airsoft.

So, my advice is to clearly mark your gun case ! It does work !

And KUDOS's to Punk_Newbie's post ! Good info there !

my .02 worth !

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:36 pm 
Site Admin

Well I know well enough to stay away from schools, parks etc. Yet some of our state officials are cool with us(My group of guys) hiking to simulate patrols. The only thing they ask is we tone down the gear, and make sure the guns look legal(14" or longer barrel, no 30 rd mags, and of course no LMGs ). Yet I have our guns take it one step further and not bring any batteries, No masks, and no ammo for AEGs so they cant really get us for playing renegade. We tend to bring our crappier AEGs if we do take them because up in the mountains in hawaii, precipitation is almost garanteed. We also tend to stay way from popular jiking trails and operate mostly in hunting areas towards the trails, since going off in the bush is asking for it, simply because people have real guns and some people cant see worth a damn. I dont know bout you but I dont feel like being stuffed and mounted by a coke bottle bottom glasses wearing hunter................Im sure Id be one ugly trophy though. Because of this DLNR tolerates us. So sometimes it best if you actually get permission first, you would be suprised, some land owners might charge a small fee or just want to play with you as well.

Profile E-mail  

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:39 am 

Great Article. That topic cannot be stressed enough.

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

---------
you know, we went to my 2ICs wifes birthday/college grad party yesterday, and I witnessed what I thought was those Industrial Punk type people walking up the hill in the park(because one was wearing welding goggles and another had old cloth style paintball fore-arm guards). Unfortunately I ended up noticing a brown box with a MP5 stamped on it(tell tale airsoft gun box) and a mask on the womans stroller. then the light bulb went off, and I got upset. I found myself saying "you know they should make it mandatory for anyone selling an airsoft gun to give a copy of the HRS-Hawaii Revised Statutes with any sale, to prevent the rest of us getting punished for the stupidity of others." And then I had to ask myself "How in the hell did that guy see anything in those welding goggles?"

Profile E-mail  

Forum » Legal Issues